BENEFITS OF MASSAGES BY LEVELS
Benefits of massage theraphy can also be classified by levels, as follows:
- Physical Level:
• Permits deep relaxation and stress diminution.
• Alleviates muscle tension and rigidity.
• Decreases muscle spasm and tension.
• Increases joint mobility and flexibility.
• Augments ease and efficiency of motion.
• Allows deeper and easier breathing.
• Improves circulation of lymph and blood fluids.
• Reduces high blood pressure and heart rate.
• Relieves the discomfort caused by headaches and eyestrain.
• Gets better posture.
• Permits speedier healing of injuried muscles and ligaments.
• Makes the skin healthier and better nourished.
• Decreases formation of excessive scar tissue.
• Strengthens the immune system.
• Enhances athletic performance.
• Relieves discomfort during pregnancy.
• Helps in rehabilitation post-operative.
- Mental Level:
• Relaxes status of alertness.
• Reduces mental stress.
• Promotes capacity for calm mind and creativity.
• Improves the capacity to monitor stress signs and react properly.
• Increases ability for more lucid thinking.
• Promotes better sleep.
- Emotional Level:
• Gets feeling of well-being.
• Satisfies the necessity of caring and nurturing touch.
• Calms a bad temper.
• Improves ease of emotional expression.
• Enhances self-esteem.
• Diminishes levels of anxiety.
• Boosts consciousness of the body- mind relationship.
• Provides a sense of being integrated and in harmony.